CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Seeking Praise



I had my second Monday ballet class yesterday. It was a good class (as always) and I learned much. One thing really stuck out though.

During a combination my teacher mentioned that I work harder when I know I am being watched, and that isn’t going to do me any good. I came to the conclusion that I love to receive praise from people. Working harder when I know I am being watched stems from that.

Praise from man is good, but I should be working to give glory to God! When I’m focused on myself, I am full of pride. God is the only one who deserves praise and if I am going to be seeking praise, only Gods praise is lasting!


The_Ballerina

1 comments:

Holly said...

Hi!
I stumbled upon your blog somehow and I think it's really cool. The ballet pictures are so pretty.:)
Have you been dancing for awhile, or have you only just started?
It's always been something I'd have LOVED to do, but I'm nearly 21 so I suspect I'm a bit too old, haha.
Oh well, I'll stick to straight theatre I suppose. :)
Good luck with achieving all your dance goals, I hope they go well! :)