CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Pointe Shoes and New Devotion!

I’ll be the fist to admit that I am not the most dedicated blogger, as you can see it has been 14 days since my last post *Gasp*! I don’t even have much of an excuse, I had spring break last week so I had no ballet (but I did have to do school… being home-schooled does have some disadvantages). I need to be more dedicated, even if no one is reading my blog, this is a great opportunity to work on my writing skills (which really are not that great) and to praise God for all He has done for me.





So, to start of my new streak of dedication I’m going to talk to you about pointe shoes! The only form of torture still allowed in households across the world…


Ok so pointe shoes aren’t as bad as all that, but for many new students putting on pointe shoes can be very painful. When you are a young girl, getting pointe shoes is what you work for and dream about. Getting your pointe shoes is like crossing the threshold of being a girl to being a ballerina.
I still remember my first pointe shoes. They were beautiful! The pink satin and silk ribbons were what I had always dreamed of. My mom helped me sew on my ribbons and elastic, and my teacher showed my how to break them in. My first pointe class was fun. Being up on your toes is quite a sensation! The trouble started with my second class, which was not as pleasant as I had anticipated. As I took off my shoes, I saw the red welts forming on my toes. To say my feet hurt would be a gross understatement. My next couple of classes were pure torture. I hated every second of it, but I pressed on because I knew that the only way I was going to get to be a real ballerina was if I fought through the pain.


One fateful day (after many horrible classes on pointe) I learned about Gaynor Minden Pointe Shoes (http://www.dancer.com)/. They are the most amazing pointe shoes I have ever had. Finding the shoes that are right for your feet make a world of difference, and I’m enjoying pointe more than ever!


I’ve been doing pointe for around 3 years, 2 of which I’ve been using Gaynor Minden Pointes. I feel like a real ballerina because I am a ballerina. I realize now that being on pointe in not the end all be all. It is just one part of being a ballerina, but it is a magical part that I hope every aspiring dancer will have a chance to try!

Warning: You should only buy and use pointe shoes when you have permission from a professional (i.e your ballet teacher) Useing pointe shoes before your ready could result in major damage!

Keep Dancing, even when it hurts!
The_Ballerina



2 comments:

Hannah said...

I want you to know, i read your blog all the time, even if i dont comment!! :)

I remember wanting my pointe shoes so bad! I unfortunatly, gave up ballet about a year or two before i would have got them. Somtimes i wonder what i would be doing now if i had kept up ballet. Would i be acting at all? Would i be in the advanced classes that i always dreamed about? Im not really sure, but i do know taking the years of ballet that i did, it taught me alot.

Also i know, that if God wants me to get back into dance, he will find a way for me too. But if he doesn't he will keep that door closed, and open another.

I dont know if any of that made sense, it was probably just me rambling. :) I enjoy reading your blog!

-Hannah

Holly said...

I read your blog too, even if I've only just discovered it, hahah, it's interesting and has pretty pictures! :D
As for the dancing, yeah, I figured that even though I'm comparatively old compared to people who started dancing as kids, I'm still only 20!
I emailed the administrator of a dance school which I know offers adult classes, and I got a reply this morning, telling me about starting, so I'll probably visit next term and see how I get on. :)
Pointe shoes sound rather painful (yet worth it), although who knows whether I'll ever get that far! I don't think I want to do ballet simply for ballet, but because I do a lot of acting, and a lot of people have told me that the best type of dance to get involved in for musical theatre is ballet! :P
Holly :)
http://holly.normania.net