CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 6, 2008

More Answers




More answers for you guys! Thanks so much Hannah and Erin for your questions!

How often are you in a dance class a week?

During the year I take 4 to 5 classes a week, depending. If you are serious about dance, three classes us in bare minimum to take.

Have you ever taken any other kind of dance?

Ballet is my “forte” but I have taken some Jazz, Musical Theatre, Character, and Modern (I’m adding modern classes all year round this year!).

Do you have a dream role in a ballet?

Many! I would have to say I would pick Aurora from Sleeping Beauty though. Here is a video of rehearsal for the Rose Adage.

What is your favorite ballet?
Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, or Swan Lake!


Any books or movies on dance that you would recommend?

I love reading Pointe Magazine! It has lots of helpful tips and great stories. And if you check out your local library I bet you can find Swan Lake (on video)!

What does a typical class look like?

Oh, this is a long one! Lol

First we start off at Barre wish consists of plies, tendus, etc.

Then we move to center, were we usually start out with some Adagio (which is slow moving combinations)
Example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJs1DCJCd-M

Then we do some Turns
Example


Then we Move on to Jumps AKA petie Allegro (or fast jumps)
Example


We usually end the class with a few more turning combinations and some across the floor leaps.
Example or Leaps

1 comments:

ROSA E OLIVIER said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.