CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Nobodys Perfect!



During Sunday school today we somehow got off on a tanget and started talking about bumper stickers on cars. We noticed how a lot of people have "I love Jesus" stickers and such plastered to their bumpers and we found if funny how often those people are often caught driving with strong cases of road rage!

I don’t think I would ever want to put one of those bumper stickers on my car! Mostly because I know I’m a sinner and don’t always act like I should (I myself get a touch of road rage now and again! Lol) One of my friends said that instead of the "I love Jesus" sticker she put one on her car that says, "I’m not perfect, just forgiven". I thought that was great. Some times people think that because we are Christians we have to act perfect all the time. But I know I could never live up to those standards! It’s important to remember that we are saved by Faith and the Grace of Jesus Christ!

That doesn’t mean we should act however we want because we know we will be forgiven! Romans 6 does a great job of explaining this!


Romans 6:15- 17
What then? Are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means!
Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness?
But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered. And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.



Remember, "we aren’t perfect, just saved!"

The_Ballerina

1 comments:

Hannah said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! You are absolitly right! I love how you are putiing things like this on your blog!!

Blessings,
Hannah