CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Tips from my Ballet Classes



I’ve learned many things sense I started taking ballet at a new studio in September of 07. All this great information is inside my head, and I know that other people could also benefit from it! So I thought I would share a couple of the great "lectures" that I’ve recieved from my ballet teachers! Todays advice is from my teacher named Jon and its on:


Balancing with your leg in Second (position that is)

"Have you ever had the pleasure of caring a very heavy suit case?" Jon asked me.
"I have, or I’ve at least tried" I answered.
"Then you’ve probably realized that if you carry two suit cases, one in each hand, that it is a lot easier to balance. Your leg that is in the air is like that heavy suitcase, it pulls you off your centre and thus you fall over. But if you have your weight over your toes on your supporting side and you are lifted in your hip and rotated, it is much easier to balance, and it is proper technique".

When I did this, it was so much easier to balance… much like it is when you are carrying two heavy suitcases instead of one!


I hope you learned something!

The_Ballerina

0 comments: